"Essential Lodgers" welcome in April which are defined by the emergency declaration to include: law enforcement, national guard members, State or federal government employees, Military, journalists, patients family members, others responding to COVID-19, full-time residents of the Town of Ocean City...inquire if you need clarification. After relaxing at the beach (just a 7 min walk away), unwind on our deck "watchin' the tide rollin' away!" Get the best of the bay & the beach with this dog-friendly hidden gem! Imagine evenings enjoying the bay breeze as you crack crabs on the deck! Fish on our private dock or use it for your own boat. Witness spectacular sunsets with our Kayaks.
As you step through the front door of this 1,248 square foot home, you're immediately drawn to the beautiful sight of water shimmering in the sunlight, framed by the two sliding glass doors. It's at this moment that you know your vacation has officially begun! The first thing you'll want to do is go out on the deck and take it all in. Don’t unpack yet - just grab a cold one, sit back on the pillowed lounge chairs and listen: no, you're not hearing the coastal highway... you’re not hearing rowdy teenagers... what you're hearing is quiet! If you listen closely, you may hear the water lapping on the dock. Or a sea gull calling overhead. Or it may be your own stomach growling just a little as you imagine the hamburgers, steaks, chicken and veggies you can grill on the propane grill right below the deck! Then notice: you're not on a narrow canal, but it's like a canal "cul-de-sac" that's wide and open with plenty of water to turn even a large boat around!
Before you head back inside, check out the private dock that's now all yours! No need for a fishing license when you fish or crab on your dock! It’s all part of the experience! We also have TWO KAYAKS so you can explore the bay and even do some fishing - yes, they’re fishing kayaks with plenty of room to carry your gear and a snack! Of course, we have two adult and two child-size life-vests, two beach chairs and two Boogie Boards for you to use. Think of the room you’ll save in your vehicle when you drive down, knowing you don’t have to schlep all that gear!
Now walk inside, or should we say, walk back in time, and “make the scene”. You'll be "On Cloud 9” and feeling pretty “hip” as you take in the “pad”. The open floor plan living space is "retro" and “radioactive” with a beachy flare! But never fear, there is no '50s era “boob tube” here! The 60-inch smart TV with HD Cable, DVR, ESPN and a Blu-ray DVD player will be perfect to catch up on your favorite flicks after a long relaxing day at the beach. Or turn on some “sounds” with our record player (yes, we have some vinyl records to listen to) which is Bluetooth enabled to play your own playlists from your devices! Plus, it even plays CDs and cassette tapes. Oh, and did I mention we have high-speed internet and central air-conditioning too? Madmen has nothing on us! Does Madmen have a hanging bubble chair? I think not! Your teenagers will have a ball taking selfies in that chair! (Don’t lie, you will too!) You won’t want to “put an egg in your shoe and beat it” here! The only place you'll want to put an egg is in one of the "pots N pans" in the fully equipped, open-concept kitchen! Stainless steel appliances, Microwave, Coffee Maker, French Press, Toaster, Mixer, Crock-Pot and even an Ice Cream Maker (which makes a fun activity on a rainy day) are all ready for you!
Now sit down at the dining table and look out the two large sliding glass doors and take in the view! If you have babies or kids, don’t worry about packing the Bumbo or the highchair. We’ve got you covered! And clean-up will be a cinch with our washable "mess mat" for your little ones. On that note, we also have an infant/toddler stroller, a pack-and-play (bring your own crib sheets), a high-chair/booster seat, a baby carrier, a radio for white noise, along with some kiddie toys, puzzles and board games. And don’t think those board games are just for kids! On a rainy day there’s nothing like playing a board game together for creating lasting family memories!
Do you have an elderly family member or someone with mobility challenges? You've found the perfect place! After 5 short steps up the porch, everything is on one level to make it easy to get around. We have a raised, portable toilet seat, a shower chair and a wheel chair so you can easily take them to the beach, on a walk around the neighborhood or to the boardwalk. The shaded deck is great for anyone who wants to relax and read a good book overlooking the water but out of the sun!
Back inside, as you head down the hall toward the bedrooms, on the right you’ll see the convenient laundry room, complete with washer and dryer! So leave those bulky extra suitcases at home – you can pack light and still start each day of your vacation with fresh, clean clothes! This room is also big enough for the pack-and-play if you don’t want to share your bedroom with the baby! Speaking of bedrooms, there are three in this house: The chic, luxurious master suite with a comfortable king-sized bed, a flat screen TV and its own full bathroom with vanity and tub with shower; the second bedroom with a comfortable pillow-topped queen-size bed and the third bedroom with a twin-over-full bunk bed and a regular twin bunk bed, so it sleeps up to 5. It's the perfect set up for families, couples, friends or business travelers. All mattresses and pillows have protective covers.
New carpet and tile-work, installed in 2017, are throughout the house. The hall bathroom has a shower, tub and vanity. Please plan to bring your own linens, towels, soap, toiletries, and paper products. There's parking space for two (2) cars on the parking pad. A large vehicle can park on the street in front of the house, but no parking is permitted in front of other homes.
It's just a 7 minute walk to the famed, Ocean City Beach, and Northside Park, a 58-acre community park with playgrounds, baseball fields, soccer fields, walking paths and a fishing pier, is just a half mile away. The Montego Bay Community amenities include two swimming pools, two tennis courts, shuffleboard courts and even a miniature golf course. (NOTE: the pool is not open during the off-season.) Our community also offers its own bay-front boardwalk with three piers for fishing and crabbing.
If you’re looking for shopping and dining, there's an abundance of great options nearby! We'll tell you all about them in the host manual!
Our military family of four (Hoo-ah) instantly fell in love with this house and its location - so close to the beach yet also on the bay and all its treasures. We're sure you'll fall in love with it, too! Make your reservation today and take the whole family or a group of friends for a little fun by the sea at this bright, chic, fun, family and elderly-friendly, newly renovated, clean rental where everyone will have a great time!
Please note: Minimum rental is for one week, Sunday to Sunday, from June through the the end of August (If you try to book for less time, it will be cancelled!). Off season, there is a two night minimum for weekends, unless it isn’t booked the day of, then you can book just one night. Off season, weekday one night bookings are allowed. Note: All holiday weekends off-season have a three night minimum. This army family has to pay the mortgage somehow! Hoo-ah!
• One of Ocean City's best-kept secrets is "Montego Bay Residential Community" where Madmen Beach House is located. It's quiet, yet close to bus transit, and the ocean is just a short 7 minute walk across Coastal Highway. Restaurants, shopping, and bars are all within walking distance. We love being a short drive or bus ride to the Ocean City boardwalk, yet far enough away to have some peace and quiet.
We're just a mile from the Delaware line, so it's an easy drive to the Delaware beaches: Dewey, Bethany and world-famous Rehoboth Beach, with plenty of quaint shops, restaurants and eateries, boardwalk, Funland amusement park and nearby outlet shopping, all sales-tax free!
• The neighborhood is family friendly with wide streets and sidewalks and room to ride bikes, roller blades, etc. There are two community pools, two tennis courts, miniature golf and even shuffleboard available for guests. There is a community bay-front boardwalk, a pond and nature preserve with a half-mile walking path around it. Ocean City's Northside Park is located adjacent to the community with ball parks, soccer fields, running paths, playgrounds and crabbing/fishing piers.
• Assateague Island State Park and National Seashore, where you can see the famous wild horses, is about an hour away and a really fun day trip!
• The closest grocery stores are Montego Bay Super Thrift, Food Lion and 인터네숀날푸드마겥. A CVS pharmacy is a few blocks away as well. The closest place to get coffee is the Fractured Prune, with delicious hot, fresh, "to-die-for" donuts, but it's carry-out only. Nearby (and even walkable) restaurants include The Crab Bag (best all-you-can-eat steamed crabs in OC), Duffy’s Tavern (great food in a fun, Irish pub setting with an outdoor Tiki bar), Grotto Pizza (our favorite!), and The Original Crabcake Factory (best crab cakes in the U.S.!), amongst many others.
• We're pleased to be located close to a variety of houses of worship, so you needn't miss the opportunity for a spiritual uplift while you're vacationing with us! Within walking distance is the Chabad Lubovich Center on Ocean Highway by 137th street; just a short drive down Ocean Highway you'll find Saint Peter Lutheran Church, Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit, Saint Luke Catholic Church and Saint George Greek Orthodox Church. The south end of OC is home to Methodist, Baptist and non-denominational churches if any of those are your preference.
An teach/an t-árasán ar fad
An Cineál Réadmhaoine
Tá spás ann do
Ocean City, Maryland, Stáit Aontaithe Mheiriceá