Eispéiris a bhaineann le hiompar in Toronto
These information pages can help you get started in learning about some of the laws and registration requirements that may apply to your experiences on Airbnb. These pages include summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to government resources that you may find helpful.
Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your Experience, we encourage you to check with official sources or seek legal advice.
Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the laws or procedures have not changed recently.*
How can I help my guests get to and from my experience?
How you handle your experience and your guest’s transportation needs is entirely up to you. You may choose to:
- Give your guests a ride for free.
- Charge them for the ride if you have the necessary license and insurance (such as a vehicle-for-hire).
- Ask your guests to get their own transportation to and from your experience, or ask them to take an Uber or taxi.
What do I need to drive guests to and from my experiences?
People who want to drive others have to ensure they follow these rules:
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- You have a valid current driver's license.
- You have all other necessary special licenses that may be needed. If you want to charge for the ride, you’ll need a Vehicle-for-hire driver’s license.
- Your vehicle is registered with the Ministry of Transportation, in working order, and you have complied with all relevant laws.
- You observe all driving and road requirements.
- You have all the necessary insurance policies in place.
Are there other special transportation regulations to think about in Toronto?
Those experiences involving bicycle tours should respect all the rule and regulations regarding the operation of bicycles in the city of Toronto. More information about the legal rights and obligations of cyclists can be found here. Other non-motorized vehicles such as Segways are prohibited in the bicycle lanes, and on public sidewalks and streets. More information can be found here.
Do I need any special transportation licenses for boat tours?
Yes. If you’re charging your guests for boat transportation as part of your experience, you will need to have the necessary licenses for the boat driving as well as follow the regulations for the boat itself. Recreational boaters operating a powered vessel within the Port and Harbour of Toronto must be in possession of both a Powered Vessel Operator’s permit and a Pleasure Craft Operator Card. Rules on water events, noise, alcohol usage, cruising the waterways, and guidelines for travelling through the locks and bridges also apply. More information about the rules and regulations that may apply can be found on the Port of Toronto’s website.
*Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained in any links to third party sites (including any links to legislation and regulations).